New Dessert Challenge. The Reveal…
Last month, I had the idea to create a raw dessert challenge. I came up with a moonie pie, created three variations on the recipe, and invited you to experiment in your own kitchen and put your creativity to the test.
How did it go?! Entries started popping up online, as people got making their own moonies in various flavors. Not only did people have a blast, create healthy delicious desserts for their family/friends, but some got so inspired that they swapped moonies with their online buddies.
My idea behind these challenges is to gather together a group of people who have a love for raw desserts. I see so many people who are intimidated to make "over the top", gourmet desserts, so they turn to the same ol' repertoire time and time again. My intention is to show that anyone can create complex looking desserts by breaking down a recipe into a few simple steps.
Just as I did with the moonie pie contest... I will feature all cake entries on my site in the form of one of your photos, along with a link back to your cake post.
How to Enter:
1. Sign up for my Newsletter, if you haven't done so already (exclusive recipes, tips, ideas, and updates for subscribers only).
2. Watch my YouTube Video, which outlines all the rules in detail and gives you an inside peak at one of my cakes.
3. Grab a copy of the "Ultimate Raw Ice Cream Cake" Recipe eBook for $9.97. Click on the link below:
4. Create your own Raw Ice Cream Cake, adding up to 10 ingredient changes of your choice!
5. Blog About Your Cake, including your ingredient changes, then come and let me know via the comment section below. Remember to leave a link back to your site, which I will check out and judge. (I'll also grab one of your pics for my entries post - if you have a favorite pic you want posted, let me know).
Note: Please do not post any of the recipes from my ebook in your post.
6. Challenge Ends: Saturday, May 15, 2010 at midnight. Get your comments (with link) in by then. I will announce the winner on Sunday or Monday...
NOTE: YES, you can still enter if you do not live in North America. You can still make and blog about your cake. I will put together an ebook package since I can't send a choccie prize.
NOTE: An ice cream maker is NOT required for the challenge! Goody!
(You'll see only one of my cakes in the video because at the time of filming, the other one wasn't yet finished.)
- The winner's cake (hand picked by me) will be in a feature post on my blog with a link to their site.
- The winner's recipe changes will be featured in my newsletter, along with their cake photo. So anyone who has the book will have access to the winner's cake recipe.
- Since we can't easily do an ice cream cake swap as with the moonies, the winner will receive: A bundle of my homemade chocolate and granola, including:
I really hope you'll take the plunge and make your own ultimate raw ice cream cake...
Ps... In my previous post, I asked if anyone was up for a moonie pie/goody exchange - only Gillian replied that she was keen - she said she's been working on some variations. Anyone up for exchanging with her?
Pss... I also asked if anyone could guess the name of the game this time around. While a lot of you were close in guessing ice cream, only a two of you hit the nail right on the head... Good job Mindy and Recover!
I said I'd draw a name if more than one person guessed correctly: Recover, you get to pick one out of my three books. If you'd like to leave me a comment below with your email addy and which book you'd like, it'll be on its way asap.