Sweetly Raw – Cherry Crumble Nice Cream (Vegan/Nut Free/GF)
This post is in paid partnership with BC Tree Fruits however all opinions are my own. I only ever work with companies that I love.
What's your favourite summer fruit? Mine is cherries! I could seriously sit and eat a whole bag in one sitting, in fact I recently devoured an entire bag of BC Tree Fruit cherries in one day haha. I'm thrilled to be partnering with them on this post.
Today I'm sharing an EASY recipe for Cherry Crumble Nice Cream Parfaits that is super cooling and refreshing during the hot summer days! You can also make it just as crumble and serve it with a scoop of nice cream on top as I've done here.
I'm so happy to live near the cherry belt of the country. BC Tree Fruits is located in the Okanagan which is one of the warmest places in the Canada (in the interior of the province - I live on the coast). They grow apples, pears, peaches, apricots, plums, nectarines, grapes, and cherries. They have over 430 growers who are all passionate about bringing the best and most fresh fruit to us!
Cherry Crumble Nice Cream Parfait
Vegan - Nut Free - Gluten Free - Sugar Free
1/3 cup oats
1/3 cup shredded coconut
1/3 cup hemp seeds
1/4 cup pitted, well packed dates
Pinch of salt
Grind all ingredients together until moist and crumbly in a food processor. If your dates are a little dry, add 1/2 - 1 teaspoon of water. Set aside.
2 cups pitted, chopped BC Tree Fruits cherries, divided
3 pitted dates
1 teaspoon lemon juice
Blend 3/4 cup of the cherries with the lemon juice and dates in the food processor until as smooth as possible. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the remaining cherries.
4-5 frozen bananas
1/3 cup cherries
Blend 3-4 of the bananas in a high speed blender or food processor until smooth. Remove 2/3 of the nice cream and place into a bowl (set in the freezer). Add the last banana and cherries and blend again.
Layer the banana nice cream and cherry nice cream with the crumble and cherry filling in 2-4 glasses. Eat immediately.
- Make sure to have the crumble made before making the nice cream so that you can assemble the parfaits right away - the nice cream will start to melt pretty quickly.
- The parfaits will need to be eaten immediately after making them.
- The cherry crumble itself will keep for 3 days in the fridge.
Who else looooves cherries?!
Want to find BC Tree Fruits in your local grocery stores across Canada? Simply look for the leaf on the package. Cherries are a summer staple and perfect for your outdoor adventures. Take them to the beach, on a hike, or enjoy by the handful with the family.
Here are some tips for cherries:
- Store refrigerated and unwashed for several days.
- Choose plump, bright-coloured fruits; avoid soft cherries.
- To maintain optimum flavour and texture, keep cherries chilled (we chill them right after they’re picked and they stay that way until they reach your local store).
- Take that chilling one step further and freeze some cherries to use instead of ice cubes in the beverage of your choice.
- To remove cherry stains from your hands, simply rub with a wedge of fresh lemon.