No Bake Chocolate Tart & Caramel Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies
I can't believe that its only 3 days before Christmas! Where has the time gone?
Today I'm sharing 2 easy vegan and gluten free holiday dessert recipes that you're going to love and can whip up easy peasy:
No bake chocolate fudge tart and caramel pretzel chocolate chip cookies.
I was going to say that this chocolate tart is the perfect dessert to make when you want to impress your guests buuut since none of us are having guests over this year, I'll say - this is the perfect dessert for you and your family to enjoy!
Let me tell you about this tart:
A nutty chocolate crust is filled with a creamy fudge-like chocolate filling, all topped with coconut whipped cream.
Both the crust and the filling are made in the food processor to make life easier (instead of a processor for the crust and a blender for the filling).
Chill it overnight in the fridge and then spoon or pipe some coconut whipped cream on top, sprinkle with some crushed cacao nibs (or candy canes) and voila! You have a decadent holiday dessert.
I've added a special ingredient from Safi Sana Superfoods to make it even more nutritious and energizing.
Rhinocolate is a chocolate super food powder designed to give you energy and nutrients. The ingredients are cacao, maca, date sugar, guarana, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, cayenne, and ginseng. It's delicious in hot drinks, smoothies, and power balls or other no-bake treats!
Guarana is an Amazonian seed, referred to as "the beginning of all knowledge" and as a long history of being used as a stimulant/energy source. When guarana is combined with ginseng it stimulates clarity.
There's a rhino on the package because 5% of all profits go to the Mkomazi Rhino Sanctuary since rhinos are in danger of extinction.
Chocolate Fudge Tart
- food processor
- 3/4 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 2/3 cup pitted packed dates
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1-3 teaspoons water
- 1/2 cup almond butter raw or roasted
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/3 cup Rhinocolate chocolate blend Or cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
Coconut Whipped Cream
- 1 can full fat coconut milk chilled overnight in the fridge
- Finely grind the almonds, coconut and cacao powder in a food processor.
- Add the dates and process until they're completely broken down. Add the water and blend briefly to incorporate. The dough should easily hold together when pressed in your hand.
- Press the dough into an 8" tart pan. Set aside.
- Blend all ingredients in the food processor until smooth and creamy. Spread into the crust.
- Place the tart into the freezer for a few hours and then into the fridge or just into the fridge overnight to firm up. Once firm, pop the whole thing out of the metal tart ring.
Coconut whipped cream
- Remove the can from the fridge. Scoop the thick creamy part out and into a bowl. Whip with electric beaters or a whisk. Add a drizzle of maple syrup if desired (I like to).
- Use a spoon or a piping bag to spread it over the chilled filling.
I hope you give the tart a try!
Now for some cookies!
I recently shared this recipe in an Instagram live video. They're reeeeally delicious and perfect for Santa 😉 or anyone else!
Vegan Salted Caramel Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour also known as tapioca starch
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup pretzels
- 8 vegan caramels, cut in half
- Preheat an oven to 350F. Whisk the flours, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl. In a separate bowl whisk the maple syrup, oil, and vanilla. Add this to the dry ingredients and stir to combine. Stir in the chocolate chips and pretzels. Scoop some dough and press half of a caramel into the centre, making sure that its covered with the dough. Place on a parchment paper lined tray and flatten slightly with your hand. Repeat, getting 12-16 large cookies out of the dough. Bake for 10-14 minutes. They'll be lightly golden on top and bottom.
Wishing you the most wonderful holiday season!
Please connect with me on Instagram @sweetlyraw where I'll be sharing more recipes and an Instagram live video during the holidays.
Lots of love,