Romantic Dinner For Two
A few nights ago I made raw fajitas for dinner for J and I. I love this meal! I need to make it more often. Mexican flavored marinated veggies in lettuce wraps with sour "cream", fresh salsa, guacamole, and cheddar cheeze sauce. Yumm! If you like mexican and want a filling yet refreshing and light meal then give these a try.
Don't be deterred by all the different components in this recipe. Here are my tips and tricks to make it a success.
* I make a enough servings to feed two people for 2-3 meals each.
* I make a huge batch of fresh salsa to be eaten with raw crackers, or by the spoonful, and in my salads for days to come.
* I love using big romaine lettuce leaves as the wraps. They're super easy to prep. You can use collard greens if you like.
* The other option is to pick and choose different parts of the full recipe if you're short on time. Sometimes I make the cheddar cheeze sauce to drizzle on top... other times I make the sour kream instead.
* If you're low on time use avocado slices instead of making guacamole!
* To make the wraps heartier, add a protein like cooked ground beef (I add it now that I'm not a vegan anymore), or beans, or tempeh crumbles if you eat it.
What's your favorite raw dinner?