Vegan Matcha Rice Crispy Squares, Dessert Pizza & Chocolate Bars
Can you believe that it's already the end of October?! Where has the time gone? With Halloween upon us, I want to share some healthy vegan Halloween themed dessert recipes that can be enjoyed by kids of ALL ages 😉 Ya know, big kids like us.
My matcha rice crispy squares are only 4 ingredients and are easy to make! Chocolate lovers, I've got you covered with my vegan matcha chocolate bars.
And fruit lovers, I've got you covered with my vegan and gluten free dessert pizza!
Who else loves matcha?!
Powdered green tea leaves with high levels of antioxidants and is 10 times more potent than drinking a cup of green tea due to the fact that you're ingesting the entire leave instead of just steeping it.
Do Matcha is my favourite matcha and I've been drinking it for the past 4 years after learning about the benefits of matcha. I've remained dedicated to only drinking Do Matcha upon learning about their high quality (did you know that some matcha is cut with cheap filler to cut on cost?). The brilliant shade of green is an indicator of the high quality and freshness and I learned from them that you should always store matcha in the fridge. I hadn't previously known that.
Now let's get to the rice crispy recipe, shall we?! These are only 4 ingredients and they're easy to make.
Vegan Matcha Rice Crispy Squares
- 1 10 oz bag vegan marshmallows
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 4 1/2 cups rice crispies I used brown rice
- 1 tablespoon Do Matcha Summer Harvest
- Melt the marshmallows and coconut oil in a large pot on the stove, stirring frequently as they melt.
- Add the rice crispies and matcha. Remove from the heat and stir to combine.
- Gently press into a parchment paper lined or greased 8x8" or 9x9" pan. Let cool at room temperature and they'll firm up. Do not refrigerate. Once firm, remove from the pan and slice into squares. Store at room temperature for up to 8 days.
- Note: Do not press the mixture down too hard of it will make the squares hard instead of more chewy.
For my chocolate lovers, I know you'll love my matcha chocolate bars with a soft sweet white chocolate matcha filling!
See the RECIPE in this post HERE.
This dessert pizza is a real treat too and I love that you can top it with virtually anything! Banana, berries, coconut, kiwi, chocolate chips, nuts, sauce... whatever floats your boat.
Its essentially a large soft baked vegan and gluten free cookie topped with matcha frosting, topped with all the yummy things, and drizzled with chocolate sauce!!!!
See the Dessert Pizza RECIPE HERE.
In other news, I shared an Instagram Live recipe video for Maple Cinnamon Crunch Granola yesterday! I tested it 3 times to get it perfect for you. You can watch it below and the full written recipe is in the post part of the video.
I share the secret for getting big chunky granola clusters (my favourite type of granola).
I share a LOT on Instgram @sweetlyraw so be sure to connect with me there 🙂
Sending you lots of love! I hope you're having a great day!